Do you want to help shape a new – more sustainable and inclusive – way of developing cities? Are you an experienced Senior Controller who is attracted to the idea of a broad role, combining traditional controlling tasks with investment controlling and group controlling tasks?
Then join the newly established Finance function at Home.Earth – as one of the first hires – and support the CFO in setting up the controlling and reporting functions.
We are a newly launched impact real estate company – focusing on developing inclusive, sustainable and livable homes and spaces initially in the largest cities in Denmark, the Netherlands and Finland – with European ambitions.
Given the start-up nature and current growth stage of the company this role is very broad and requires a profile, that recognizes the need for being hands-on. You will be given the opportunity to shape the role over time according to your interests and competencies.
Working very closely with the CFO, you will be shaping the reporting landscape and contribute to the way Finance supports decision making from co-defining performance KPI’s through to creating intelligent reporting solutions to track and monitor performance as well as report to all stakeholders. You will be pioneering our triple-bottom-line reporting.
Another part of your job will be to oversee relationships with investors and managing reporting both on entity level as well as for individual investors. Moreover, you will be acting as investment controller (day-to-day operations are managed by external service provider), ensuring that the integrity of all data is sound and flows into the reporting, both internal and external.
For the right candidate, this is a truly unique opportunity to enter a company that is growing rapidly and expanding across Europe – and offers great career opportunities.
More specifically, your tasks will include – but are not limited to:
Controlling & Reporting:
- Budgeting for the group
- Cash flow forecasting
- Onboarding of new shareholders
- Maintain shareholders' register
- Investor reporting, including communicating to individual investors
- Income distribution / dividend payment execution
- Stakeholder reporting: considering impact reporting as well as financial reporting
- Internal reporting of Group: including budget to actual and KPI
- Close collaboration with Technology group on data definitions and maintenance
- Deal support for new investments (i.e. due diligence, financing set-up)
- Ensure proper take-over of new investments from seller
- Debt service, covenants controlling and reporting on loans
- Cash flow forecasting/Commitment calling on operating expenses
- Lifecycle of investment
- Controlling of operating costs
- Coordination of entries, accruals, and adj with outsourced investment bookkeeper
- Contact person for property co audit
- KPIs for investment
- Financial controlling, monthly closing, reconciliations property co's
- Budget process owner for each investment
- Coordination with external valuation experts
In addition to the above, various ad hoc tasks related to the Finance function.
Some travel days to be expected to oversee Finance activities in Finland and the Netherlands and other EU countries where they may expand.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- A master’s degree in Finance (e.g.: CMA) or an equivalent professional accounting qualification
- Experience from a similar role as Senior Controller – combined with a background from auditing (Big4)
- A strong financial toolbox in terms of budgeting, financial controlling and reporting to stakeholders,
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience from working in a private equity environment overseeing or controlling investments will be an advantage, but it is not a requirement.
- A strong sense of business acumen and a natural business curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- A hands-on, proactive and self-driven attitude
- A passion for joining a purpose-driven organization at an extremely exciting stage in their journey
- Strong IT skills including Excel & Power Point
- High proficiency in both written and oral English as well as Danish
- A positive and trustworthy personality
Real estate and the urban environment have a profound impact on all of us. We spend 90% of our lives inside buildings. And by 2050 almost 70% of us will live in cities.
The built environment enables life, community and culture. But at the same time, it fosters loneliness and health issues. It counts for almost 40% of global CO2 emissions. It is the biggest living expense for most people. And nowhere is growing inequality more visible than in how we live.
To overcome the challenges of population growth, climate change, growing inequality and social unrest, we need to move to a more conscious and responsible version of capitalism. A version that is market-based, but with equal priority for all stakeholders and with long-lasting impact.
Home.Earth is a European real estate company setting out to develop urban communities with inclusivity, livability and sustainability at its core.