Location: Copenhagen | Start date: As soon as possible
Real estate and the urban environment have a profound impact on all of us. We spend 90% of our lives inside buildings. And by 2050 almost 70% of us will live in cities. The built environment enables life, community, and culture. But at the same time, it fosters loneliness and health issues. It counts for 40% of global CO2 emissions. It is the biggest living expense for most people. And nowhere is growing inequality more visible than in how we live.
Home.Earth is a real estate investor, developer and operator founded by a diverse team of leaders from real estate, sustainability, private equity, and consulting. We have founded Home.Earth to be a pathfinder towards a new paradigm in which real estate contributes to solving – rather than accelerating – the challenges our society is facing today.
We will be developing sustainable and inclusive homes and spaces with a focus on major cities in Europe, starting in Copenhagen. Structured as an evergreen real estate company, we are able to take a long-term perspective in all we do to create lasting value for all stakeholders. The result is a unique value proposition to investors combining attractive risk-adjusted returns with unparalleled social and planetary impact.
We are now looking for a purpose-driven individual to build and lead one of our most central functions responsible for attracting aligned capital, joining our journey towards creating what we hope will be a market-leader raising the bar for real estate globally.
We are looking for a proven leader to build our business development function with focus on fundraising. The team will be responsible for attracting aligned capital to Home.Earth to fuel our mission of developing inclusive and sustainable homes and communities. You will join our journey after our first capitalisation, which we expect to close in September.
We aim to attract a diverse investor base in Home.Earth and look to classic institutional investors, family offices, foundations, and high net-worth individuals. We are keen to explore ways to democratize access to real estate investments through, e.g., technological solutions. As such, the perfect person for the role should thrive at both a strategic level and enjoy executing the strategy.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop our business development and fundraising strategy, ensuring that Home.Earth is utilizing its unique position in the market
- Lead fundraising processes end-to-end from strategy development to final closing
- Develop and own investor-facing materials for fundraising, roadshows, annual investor meetings, and ad hoc investor communications
- Build and maintain a broader network with prospective investors
- Lead investor due diligence efforts, investor onboarding and KYC
- Take ownership of negotiations incl. legal agreements/LPA and other key documents
- Take part in shaping our investor community through investor days and more
- Drive strategic projects, such as a potential future public listing of Home.Earth
You will be joining a senior team of proved entrepreneurs and be working closely alongside Rasmus Nørgaard (co-founder of NREP, the largest real estate private equity company in the Nordics, with €18bn AUM, where he served as CIO for 13 years), Daniela Mercado (our CFO, who bring 20 years of finance experience), Søren Stig (previous Chief Sustainability Officer at Maersk Line) and many more – meet our full team at www.home.earth
Given you will be joining Home.Earth early in our journey and lead a core function, this role also comes with the opportunity be part of shaping our overall strategy as a real estate innovator. As such, you can expect to be working alongside several other team members and functions as we embark on an entrepreneurial journey to realise our purpose.
Qualifications we hope you bring
We are looking for a proven leader with a strong sense of detail and an entrepreneurial mindset. The perfect candidate has previous experience with business development, fundraising, investor documentation & legal agreements, or due diligence processes – or is ready for a steep learning curve.
You are ready to take ownership of the function and would be comfortable managing the investor process from early dialogue to final closing - overseeing due diligence, negotiations and signing. You have a good eye for detail and can navigate investor facing documentation and legal agreements in collaboration with our legal advisors and our CFO. Ultimately, the goal for us is to find the right person to build up this function and lead it with success in the coming years.
In other words, we imagine that you bring:
- 5-10 years of experience in for example management consulting, corporate finance, investor relations, M&A, commercial law, a start-up with fundraising exposure – or other relevant experience
- Good attention to detail and strong project management skills and analytical abilities
- A strong sense of purpose and a desire to be part of realising our vision
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- A natural self-starter attitude and ability to carry responsibility
- Knowledge of real estate markets and/or capital markets/IR is a benefit
- Strong English communication skills – both written and verbal
Could this be your next challenge?
If the role has caught your interest, please submit your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org alongside your CV and motivation for joining our journey. Questions about the role are most welcome to Emil Bender Lassen, Co-founder, at email@example.com
Please note that all our roles are open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone – regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socioeconomics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you!